1 – ThronesCon Attendance Rules
Australian Fandom Conventions attendees, staff and other guests are bound by the following Standards of Conduct:
Any action or behaviour that causes interference with convention operations, discomfort to other attendees, or adversely affects Australian Fandom Conventions’ relationship with its attendees, guests, its venues or the public is strictly forbidden and may result in confiscation of convention badge and immediate removal from the convention area, as well as suspension of attendance for subsequent years.
Respect everyone else’s right to enjoy ThronesCon. If you are found to be harassing anyone during the convention, your access to ThronesCon will be removed, and further tickets may not be sold to you for future events.
We define Harassment:
- Offensive use of language in a written or verbal format directed toward an individual or group of people
- Attempts to blackmail
- Inappropriate photography or filming
- Behaviours of a disruptive nature than impede the operation of the event
- ANY contact of any nature that causes physical pain or injury
- Unwanted and/or unwelcome attention of a physical, verbal or sexual nature
- Use of intimidation or stalking behaviours towards any attendee, guest or staff member
- ANY abuse of another individual or group of a physical, verbal or sexual nature
We do not offer refunds under any circumstances, other than that which is regulated by Australian Consumer Law.
We do not offer deferral of tickets from one year to the next.
You MAY sell your ticket to another person if you are no longer able to make the event, however you are not permitted to do so for a profit. Any tickets being sold for a profit may be cancelled under Australian scalping laws.
1.3) Age Limit
ThronesCon is a Provisional ALL AGES event! This means that anyone under the age of 16 can attend with a parent, guardian or supervisor present. We do however advise parental discretion. Game of Thrones is rated MA, which suggests that some content may not be suitable to children under the age of 16. Attendees under the age of 16 who are planning to attend must do so with a parent, guardian, or nominated supervisor.
1.4) Photography and filming
No photographs or video are to be taken in signing or photography areas, except by official staff. Anyone found to be breaching this policy will have their access to ThronesCon removed immediately.
No filming is to take place inside the main stage and panel rooms at any time without written authorisation from Australian Fandom Conventions
No filming of photography is to take place of any individual exhibitor without their express permission.
If someone asks you to not take a photo of them, please respect this person’s wishes. If you do not, you will be in breach of the harassment policy.
1.5) Con badges
Convention badges are a way for us to identify who should be within the convention space. If you do not have a convention badge on show at all time, and readily visible, you may be asked to leave the convention space, and purchase a badge should you wish further access to the event.
If your con badge is tampered with, defaced, or altered in any way, it will be void, and you will be required to purchase a replacement con badge.
If you lose your con badge, you will need to proceed to ticketing with your ID, and request a replacement con badge. A replacement fee equal to a day pass will apply.
Prop weapons are permitted, however we have the following, strict weapons policy:
- Your weapon must be approved by Australian Fandom Conventions at the ticketing booth. You must carry your con badge with weapons approval sticker with you at all times. If you are asked by security to surrender your weapons approval sticker, you must comply immediately, and cloak your prop/ weapon for pick up on departure from the convention space.
- NO gun shaped weapons or props will be permitted. As there are no guns in the realm, there is no need for anyone to cosplay with such a prop.
- Your weapon or prop must not be functional if it is a projectile based prop.
- Your weapon must be no longer than 1 meter.
- Your weapon cannot have any sharp edges or points sharp enough to pierce a piece of paper with average pressure.
- No chemicals of any sort will be permitted. This includes but is not limited to smoke powder, fireworks or any other combustible element.
- Your weapon must comply with Victorian state legislation.
- You are not permitted to bring laser pointers inside the convention space.
- If by Victoria law you are required to carry an authority to possess permit, it must be carried on your person at all time.
- Please use your common sense. If it looks dangerous, it probably is, and you will most likely be asked to cloak your prop before entering the convention space.
- Australian Fandom Conventions staff may revoke your right to carry your prop at any time, and request that it be cloaked, or that you leave the convention space.
- Any dangerous or inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated by Australian Fandom Conventions or Victoria Police. If you put someone’s well-being at risk, you will be asked to leave.
1.7) Public decency
You are not permitted to attend ThronesCon if you are under the influence of any illicit or illegal drugs. If you are fond to be using, dealing or taking any such substances, the police will be called, and you will be banned from further Australian Fandom Conventions events.
Alcohol purchased offsite may not be bought into the venue. All drink bottles and cups must be discarded at the entry point before accessing ThronesCon.
Alcohol and other food and beverages will be for sale inside the convention space, however drunkenness will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the convention space if you are under the influence of alcohol.
Acceptable, safe and non- offensive clothing and closed footwear must be worn at all times. While we encourage people cosplaying, we will not tolerate nudity on the premises. At a minimum, a shirt, pants and closed shoes must be worn at all times inside the convention space.
1.8) SellSword Expectations
We have made our expectations for our SellSword volunteers very easy to remember. Our ABCDE’s for being a SellSword Verified Volunteer.
- Accept Direction – Listen to your team leaders, and ensure that under all circumstances, you accept direction from your Team Leader and any senior staff.
- Be on time! – We ask that you are on time for your shifts, meetings and any other planned events as scheduled by ThronesCon staff. If you run late, this means someone else works extra time to cover for you.
- Communicate respectfully – This included with your team leader, fellow staff members and volunteers, guests, venue representatives and other attendees.
- Don’t be under the influence – Please do not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol at any time during your shift. If you are going to consume alcohol after your shift finishes, please be mindful if you have a shift the following day.
- Expect our support – If you need to speak with us about anything, we are here to help. Without you, our event would not be the success it will be, so expect that we will be there to support you the whole way through.
By accessing the website at http://www.thronescon.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2.2) Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Australian Fandom Conventions’ website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Australian Fandom Conventions’ website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Australian Fandom Conventions at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Australian Fandom Conventions’ website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Australian Fandom Conventions makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, Australian Fandom Conventions does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Australian Fandom Conventions or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Australian Fandom Conventions’ website, even if Australian Fandom Conventions or a Australian Fandom Conventions authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
2.5) Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Australian Fandom Conventions’ website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Australian Fandom Conventions does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Australian Fandom Conventions may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Australian Fandom Conventions does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Australian Fandom Conventions has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Australian Fandom Conventions of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Australian Fandom Conventions may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website and event/ volunteer portal you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
2.8) Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers and volunteers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
3 – Sellsword Terms & Conditions
If you choose to apply for a Volunteer position with ThronesCon (An event by Australian Fandom Conventions, The Parent company) or any of its associated events, you will be asked to provide us with or allow us further access to your personal information. Such information may include your name, address, contact details, education details, work experience, emergency contacts, next of kin, background checks/psychological assessments, and may include other sensitive information that you provide to Australian Fandom Conventions.
By proceeding with the application, you consent to us collecting personal information (including, if required, sensitive information) about you.
The personal information we collect about you will be used for the sole purpose of considering your application as a SellSword Volunteer or for any of its associated events should you choose to apply. This information may be disclosed to third ONLY as per required by law. However, the information you provide we deem sensitive and confidential. Where your application is successful, your personal information, including all application and any assessment documents, collected during the application process and from training, will form part of your personnel record with Australian Fandom Conventions.